Code of Conduct
Colchester Soccer Club supports youth soccer activity that is governed by a sense of fair play and sportsmanship. Our players, parents, opponents and officials are to be treated with respect at all times. Discrimination based on race, color religion, or gender will not be tolerated. Misconduct and violent / dangerous actions by players, parents, coaches, referees or other CSC members WILL NOT be tolerated.
To ensure that the principles of sportsmanship, fair play, and mutual respect among players, coaches, referees and other team officials registered within CSC, the following Code of Conduct has been established. It is the obligation of all club administrators, coaches, other team officials, players, and parents to create an environment that promotes this objective. Those who willfully violate this code jeopardize their participation in the all CSC programs.
Players, parents, referees and coaches will be required to signify their acceptance of this code of conduct by signing a copy prior to participation in a CSC practice or game
Every player is expected to:
* Know and respect the rules of soccer, and abide by them at all times.
* Show respect and courtesy to officials and coaches by following their instructions and directions.
* Respect the game officials and refrain from addressing them or commenting on their decisions during or after the game.
* Maintain control of his/her emotions, avoiding the use of abusive or profane language, taunting or humiliating remarks, and/or gestures and physical assault upon another player at any time.
* Respect the coaches and players of the opposing team and display sportsmanship at the conclusion of a game and be humble and generous in victory and proud and courteous in defeat.
* Treat coaches, spectators and players of the opposing team with respect regardless of race, gender, or ability and expect to be treated accordingly:
By registering to play with CSC, the player agrees to this code of conduct, and will abide by this code of conduct and acknowledges that participating in the CYS youth soccer program is a privilege and not a right.
Parents and Spectators:
The parents' role is one of support to the players and coaches. Parents should not engage in "coaching" from the sidelines, criticizing players, coaches or game officials or trying to influence the makeup of the team at any time. Every parent and spectator is expected to:
* Show respect and courtesy to game officials, coaches, and players at all times.
* Respect the game officials and refrain from questioning their decisions or from addressing them in a loud, disrespectful, or abusive manner.
* Cheer for your child's team in a positive manner, refraining at all times from making negative or abusive remarks about the opposing team. Maintain control of your emotions and avoid actions, language, and/or gestures that may be interpreted as hostile and humiliating.
* Ensure that your child is at all games and practices at the required time or provide the coach with an appropriate excuse beforehand.
* Demonstrate appropriate gestures of sportsmanship at the conclusion of a game, win or lose.
* Teach and practice good sportsmanship and fair play by personally demonstrating commitment to these virtues.
* Treat coaches, spectators and players of both teams with respect regardless of race, gender, or ability and expect to be treated accordingly:
By registering your child to play with CSC, all parents and spectators agree to this code of conduct, and will abide by this code of conduct and acknowledge that participating or watching the CSC youth soccer program is a privilege and not a right.