Colchester Soccer Club Recreation Program
CSC Recreational Program Mission -To provide each player the opportunity to play soccer in a supportive and rewarding environment that emphasizes fun, enjoyment and skill learning, through equal participation, regardless of ability.
Recreational Program Oversight: The coordination, organization and operation of the recreational program is conducted by the Vice President and Division Coordinators
- Pre-K - Skip Starks
- Kindergarten – Norm Kaplan
- 1st Grade – OPEN
- 2nd Grade – Morgan Gruss
- 3rd / 4th Grade – OPEN
- 5th / 6th Grade – Michelle Millington
- 7up – Mike Gatesman
- Pre-K – Fun non-competitive introduction to the game of soccer. Parent involvement with the players is key and expected. Weekly Saturday morning hourly sessions.
- Kindergarten – Fun non-competitive follow-up to Pre-K with weekly Saturday morning soccer ‘games’ used to foster introductory skill. Parent involvement is paramount, just as it is in Pre-K program.
- 1st Grade - Fun non-competitive learning with weekly Saturday morning sessions as follows: 30 minutes of instructor based skill teaching followed by 30 minute games (with no goalies) on designated teams with first exposure to a Head Coach.
- 2nd Grade - Fun continuation of skills learned in previous grades. Head Coach & Assistant Coaches run practices and manage games. 8 v 8 games on Saturday mornings with first exposure to goalies. One weeknight practice, typically between 60-90 minutes. This is the first age where players are eligible to tryout for Travel Team (U-9).
- 3rd / 4th Grade – Fun continuation of skills learned in previous grades. Head Coach & Assistant Coaches run practices and manage games. 8 v 8 games on Saturday mornings with goalies. Players begin to manage this smaller-size field more effectively at this age. One weeknight practice, typically between 60-90 minutes.
- 5th / 6th Grade – Skills becoming more advanced and team tactics & field spacing become more prominent with move to larger full-sized field. Head Coaches manage one weeknight practice per team (typically 60-90 minutes) with weekly Saturday games. First introduction to 11 v 11 on full-size field with goalies.
- 7up – Middle School & High School ages combined for fun non-competitive weekend games with one weeknight practice per team. Head Coaches continue to work on more advanced skills and team tactics. Head Coaches manage one weeknight practice per team (typically 60-90 minutes) with weekly Saturday games. 11 v 11 on full-size field with goalies.
The 2018 Recreational fees are as follows:
2nd Grade & Up
- $5.00 discount for each additional child
- A $10 fee imposed by the town is added to all costs above.
Financial assistance may be requested using the online form in the Registration section. The Treasurer will work with you to determine eligibility. Assistance is limited to the registration fees and not equipment.
Time Frames / Commitments (All Event dates / times can be found on the CSC website)
- Registration – April through May 31st .
- Late Registration: Any registrations received on or after June 1, 2018 will incur a $40 late fee per child
- Team Placement – June / July
- Team Practices - Practices begin approximately the second week of August. Practices will be held once a week for approximately 60-90 minutes each session.
- Practice dates / times are based upon field availability and coach requests.
- Games – Begin each weekend mid August through mid October.
- Photo Day – Late September.
- CSC Awards Night – Held at the end of the season in Mid-November.
- CSC Meetings – Executive Board Meetings are held monthly and ALL are welcome. A list of dates / times is available on the CSC website. Meetings are typically held the 2nd Tuesday of each Month at the Town Hall.
- Field Closure/Announcements:
- Fall Season: The town dictates field openings/closings based on weather, field drainage, etc. The town will announce field closures by 3:00 pm on weekdays (http://www.colchesterct.gov/Pages/ColchesterCT_Dept/PR/index). After 3:00 pm on weekdays and on weekends, teams will be informed of any closures, by their coaches and/or emails notification from our Club. Field closures will be also be listed on our Club website (www.colchestersoccer.org). If possible, we will reschedule games that are canceled.
For additional information, please click on the links below (or the side menu) for more information about this program or contact John Appleby at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click the document icon for Recreation League Rules
Click the document icon for the Recreation Handbook
Click the document icon for the What is Recreational Soccer
Click the document icon for the What is the Need for Recreational Soccer